Friday, April 12, 2013

The Creative Idea Gnome

Just a little Friday hello to you today!  I’m feeling pretty good this morning because I won the Don Draper award for a fake pitch competition we did this morning at our agency and I got this Creative Idea Gnome as my prize that gets to sit on my desk until the next competition and life is good.

 Since I’m acting as Don Draper today, I’ll give you all a little peek into the inside world of Broadway advertising (which he doesn’t do).  Normally I wouldn’t broadcast this, but the mistake has now been published in online articles so I don’t feel guilty.  When a new show opens, we try to be all over the internet with wonderful quotes from reviews that come out that night.  We have to send the websites our design ahead of time (before we get the quotes) and fill in the quotes the night-of.  Unfortunately, somebody published the preliminary version for Matilda The Musical which opened last night.


So they're not having quite as good a day.  I’m not worried.  The show received rave reviews and I haven’t stopped hearing wonderful things. It'll be just fine. But it gives us (the competing agency) just a twinge of satisfaction.  I don’t feel bad – I know Don Draper would revel in it.  (I'm going to let it go, I promise.  5 more minutes...)
With that, I’ll leave you with some other entertaining advertising snafus for some Friday entertainment.
Can you find the mistakes?

 



Simply unfortunate placement...





Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment